Employer Sponsored Visa

What is an Employer Sponsored Visa?

An Employer Sponsored Visa is good for both Employers and Electricians as it enables Australian businesses to find qualified and experienced staff to help them grow and expand. The scheme enables Employers to nominate highly skilled UK Electricians to fill positions that can’t be filled from within the Australian labour market – or through the Employer’s own training programs.

Under the Australian Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) the Employer can sponsor an overseas candidate to work in Australia either on a Temporary or Permanent Visa.  This Visa also covers all immediate family members.

What are the criteria?

Overseas Electricians may be sponsored by an Australian business (or overseas business operating in Australia) providing he/she has the right skills, qualifications and work experience.

To apply for this Visa, you must:

  • Be nominated by an approved employer
  • Be younger than 50 years of age
  • Meet the skills and qualification requirements
  • Meet English language requirements (see IELTS page)

How do I find Employer Sponsorship and be nominated?

For Electricians emigrating to Australia, getting Employer Sponsorship can be a challenge particularly if you’re currently based outside of Australia.  The best thing you can do is get to know the Electricians Associations in Australia; you need to make the most of their knowledge and connections.  Also, research companies that you would like to work for, be proactive and market your credentials to them.

What does it cost?

Your prospective Employer may pay for the cost of the Visa in full or partially, however you should expect to pay for medical assessments, The Skills Assessment Fee, police clearance, medical reports and photographs.

What does this Visa entitle me to?

This Visa allows you and your accompanying family members to:

  • Live and work permanently in Australia
  • Study in Australia
  • Enrol in Medicare (Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses)
  • Access certain social security payments
  • Apply for Australian Citizenship (subject to residency criteria)
  • Sponsor other people for Permanent Residence
  • Travel in and out of Australia for five years

Take our Free Visa Assessment today, just click on the yellow box below to get started.

FREE Visa Assessment We make the whole process simple