Further training

To work in Australia as an electrician, you will need to undertake some further training in order to get your full electricians license.  All of this is done when you have passed the visa process and are living in Australia.

White Card

If you’re going to work on a building site, you will need a White Card.  A White Card is a small credit card sized ID that you receive once you have completed a one-day occupational health and safety course (OH&S course).  Being in possession of a White Card is legal requirement if you’re working on-site.  There are many training providers across Australia that offer this course.

Initial Supervision

Initial supervision is where you work with a licensed electrical contractor to gain on-the-job experience.  More information about this is available on the initial supervision page.

Australian Context Training

During your initial supervision period you need to undertake the Australian Context Training.  This essential teaching will enable you to get your full Certificate III in Electro-technology Systems Electrician qualification – and having this qualification will make you eligible to apply for a full Electrician’s Licence. More about this in the how to get registered section.

FREE Visa Assessment We make the whole process simple